AHE Fellowship Program Guidelines
Deadline to Apply: 4:00 PM CST, May 31st for June review and September 30th for October review.
An original unpublished paper dealing with a relevant aspect of environmental services must be submitted in order to achieve Fellow status. A topic summary and outline must be submitted along with the Fellow Application for review and approval by AHE’s Fellow Review Task Force. AHE will notify the applicant upon the Committee’s approval of the topic summary and outline. Fellow Review Task Force members serve as one-on-one mentors to all Fellow applicants to assist as needed.
The final paper must be submitted to AHE and will be reviewed by the Fellow Task Force on the quality and the relevance of the paper to the industry. Papers will be judged as acceptable or not acceptable. If a paper is deemed not acceptable, the applicant will be informed of the reason for the Task Force’s decision and may be allowed to submit a revised paper within two weeks. If the paper is unacceptable for a second time, the applicant must start the process from the beginning with a new topic.
Papers should describe a new, relevant, cost-effective, innovative, or practical approach or experience in environmental services (i.e. developing a new procedure in order to solve a problem, trying a different management approach, etc.). Components for submittals include: title page, abstract, subject matter, paper length, bibliography, and must be written in APA format.
AHE reserves the right to publish and post accepted papers to its website. If published, credit will be given to the author.
- Application and paper outline must be submitted together to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application fee of $100 will be paid through invoice sent to applicant.
- Professional head-shot must be submitted with the application.
- Applicant must have their paper outlined approved before submitting final paper for review.
- Task Force will review papers twice a year, June and October.
- Paper deadline is May 31 for June review.
- Paper deadline is September 30 for October review.
- All applicants will be contacted with eligibility determination and application information.
- Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by a select task force of AHE members
- Decisions of the task force are final.
Notification of Acceptance:
- All applicants will be notified of the task force’s decision by phone call and/or e-mail.
- If an applicant’s paper is deemed unacceptable, they have a chance to make suggested edits to the paper and resubmit once before the next cutoff date. If paper is unacceptable a second time, you will need to submit an outline on a new topic and resubmit.
- Hold AHE membership for a minimum of 3 years.
- Hold the CHESP designations for a minimum of 3 years
- Earn a minimum of 40 certification points in the previous three years.
- Submit application.
- Submit summary outline for approval.
- Submit professional head-shot.
- Pay the $100 application fee.
- After outline is approved, submit final paper.