The Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (CHEST) offers a new certification for environmental services frontline workers. It was established using a comprehensive nationwide job analysis of a health care environmental services technician’s responsibilities and defined focus groups. The program covers all aspects of a frontline worker’s typical tasks and accountabilities.
New Virtual Train-the-Trainer Workshop
Register for this virtual delivery of CHEST, and experience all that the CHEST program has to offer from the convenience of your desk. Participants will receive program materials well in advance of the workshop with all of the material necessary to delve into this comprehensive and interactive training: a participant guide, a facilitator guide, and a CHEST Toolkit. Materials will also include a training folder with additional information including speaker bios, workshop agenda, and next steps for training frontline.
Congratulations, you signed up for a virtual class with AHE.
Taking a virtual class is quite different from a live class. Instead of getting up early and commuting, you join your class from wherever you have an internet connection. Spending a few minutes preparing will pay off on the first day of class.
Benefits of the Virtual Train-the-Trainer
- Social Distant Learning: Stay safe and continue to social distance during the pandemic while receiving top-notch, timely and evidence-based environmental services training
- Improved Outcomes: Start experiencing the exciting patient and health care outcomes hospitals across the country are seeing after implementing the CHEST program
- lower infection rates
- lower turnover rates
- improved HCAHPS scores
- Cost Savings: CHEST Virtual can offer cost and time savings. Attendance at an in-person event often requires travel, hotel accommodations and food expenses. Including registration fees, that can add up to several hundred dollars. Add in the cost of time spent away from the workplace and virtual workshop can be a cost-effective alternative.
- Access: CHEST Virtual will be accessible from anywhere as long as participants have access to an internet connection through a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Networking: Easily network with other EVS professionals. Participants will receive a full list of all workshop attendees. In addition, in the virtual classroom attendees will engage with each other in virtual rooms, making it easy to begin one-on-one chats. Virtual rooms can also facilitate discussion, creating connections between attendees interested in similar topics.
This program has the potential to make a positive impact on infection rates, costs, quality of care, patient experience and outcomes.