AHE’s CSCT certification program sets a standard for surgical environmental services technicians responsible for cleaning and disinfecting operating rooms — an intense, fast-paced, high-stakes environment. The program is designed to set a level of expertise for managing pathogens and practicing innovative techniques specific to the operating room. The CSCT certification program offers streamlined training through a train-the-trainer model intended to save organizations’ resources.
Training emphasizes the importance of on-the-job performance and deepened self-awareness of working in the complex surgical environment. It includes surgical suite infection prevention; cleaning and disinfecting; problem solving; communication; and the impact on patient outcomes.
New Virtual Train-the-Trainer Workshop
Live, interactive, but virtual workshop. Attendance will be taken; full participation is required. Register for this virtual delivery of CSCT, and experience all that the CSCT program has to offer from the safety of your desk. Participants will receive program materials well in advance of the workshop with all of the material necessary to delve into this comprehensive and interactive training: a participant guide, a facilitator guide, and a CCST Toolkit. Materials will also include a training folder with additional information including speaker bios, workshop agenda, and next steps for training frontline.
Benefits of the Virtual Train-the-Trainer
- Social Distant Learning: Stay safe and continue to social distance during the pandemic while receiving top-notch, timely and evidence-based environmental services training
- Improved Outcomes: Start working towards lower infection rates, lower turnover rates, improved HCAHPS scores in your surgical environments
- Cost Savings: CSCT Virtual can offer cost and time savings. Attendance at an in-person event often requires travel, hotel accommodations and food expenses. Including registration fees, that can add up to several hundred dollars. Add in the cost of time spent away from the workplace and virtual workshop can be a cost-effective alternative.
- Access: CSCT Virtual will be accessible from anywhere as long as participants have access to an internet connection through a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Networking: Easily network with other EVS professionals. Participants will receive a full list of all workshop attendees. In addition, in the virtual classroom attendees will engage with each other in virtual rooms, making it easy to begin one-on-one chats. Virtual rooms can also facilitate discussion, creating connections between attendees interested in similar topics.
- Designed to increase performance levels and job satisfaction, while decreasing staff turnover
- Helps facilitates execution of evidence based standards of practices
- Enhances efforts to improve patient outcomes