Sponsored by Tork
The Environmental Services Department of the Year Award provides national recognition for the significant contributions made by an environmental services department to the overall patient experience and achieving a health care organization's mission.
The EVS Department of the Year highlights the outstanding achievements of a cutting-edge environmental services team in maintaining high levels of performance in cleaning, disinfecting, infection prevention, environmental sustainability and stewardship, technology use, patient satisfaction, education, and training in critical areas.
EVS Department of the Year 2023 Award Selections
AHE and Tork, an Essity brand, are honored to recognize these facilities with the EVS Department of the Year Award 2023. The winners were announced during the AHE Exchange Conference in Dallas this year.
2023 EVS Department of the Year Selections
2023 EVS Departments of the Year
1-249 Beds: Speare Memorial Hospital - Plymouth, NH
250-499 Beds: Children’s Health Dallas Campus - Dallas, TX
500+ Beds: Geisinger Medical Center - Danville, PA
2023 Certificate of Merit Recipients
1-249 Beds: Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital - Bloomsburg, PA
250-499 beds: Children’s Mercy Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
500+ beds: Froedtert Hospital - Milwaukee, WIView Press Release
Speare Memorial Hospital
1 - 249 Beds
Children’s Health Dallas Campus
250 - 499 Beds
Geisinger Medical Center
EVS Department of the Year Award
Every year, AHE recognizes the extraordinary work environmental services departments contribute to the health and safety of hospitals and health centers.
AHE wants to recognize your efforts to protect the health and safety of medical staff and patients. Share the contributions your EVS department made in the past year for a chance to get national recognition for your facility's significant contributions to environmental services.
- Long-term facility
- Small facility (1-249 beds)
- Medium-size facility (250-499 beds)
- Large facility (500+ beds)
Who should apply
- Data-driven teams and departments demonstrating consistent improvement over baseline metrics and scores
- Teams that stand above the rest, exceeding performance standards
- Departments demonstrating high levels of performance, productivity and efficiency
- Candidates may be nominated by an AHE member or non-member or may nominate themselves
- The current AHE Recognition Committee will select award winners based on submitted nominations. The committee may request additional information if needed
- All submissions become the property of AHE