AHE Fellowship Program Eligibility
- You must be an AHE member for at least 3 years.
- You must hold the CHESP designations for at least 3 years and maintain the designation in order to keep Fellow status.
- All certification points must have been earned in the previous three years.
- A minimum of 40 certification points must be earned for all Fellow applicants.
- Applicants must submit an original, unpublished paper on a current aspect of environmental services.
- A topic summary and outline must be submitted for approval along with the application.
- Applicant must pay the $100 application fee.
Continuing Education - 6 points minimum required
All seminars must be a full day. Proof-of-attendance documentation is required with the Fellow Application. Programs do not need to be AHE sponsored to qualify. Company or facility sponsored programs may qualify.
- AHE’s Annual Conference – 4 points per year
- AHE Seminars or Regional Programs – 1 point per day
- Other Full-day Health Care Programs – 1 point per day
Work Experience − 4 points minimum required
- Director or Manager of Environmental Services in a health care organization – 4 points per year
- A non-managerial role in Environmental Services in a health care organization – 3 points per year
- Director or Manager in an industry other than health care – 2 points per year
Professional Activities − 5 points minimum required
- AHE Board Member or Officer – 4 points per year
- AHE Committee/Action Team Member (non-Board) – 3 points per year
- AHE Affiliated Chapter Board Member – 2 points per year
- AHE Affiliated Chapter Officer or Chapter Committee Member – 1 point per year
- Published Article in National or Regional Journal - 3 points per article
- Published Article in AHE, Chapter, Faculty, or Company Publication - 2 points per article
- Faculty at AHE Program - 4 points per program
- Faculty at Chapter, Faculty, or Company Program (outline required for documentation) - 3 points per program
- Faculty at Other National Professional Group Program (outline required for documentation) - 2 points per program