Application deadline extended by one week to Friday, June 18
The award recognizes and celebrates best practices in cleaning and caring for the environment. It was designed to highlight the outstanding achievements of a leading-edge environmental services team in maintaining high levels of performance in cleaning, disinfecting, infection prevention, environmental sustainability and stewardship, use of technology, patient satisfaction, education, and training in critical areas. Environmental services departments are key contributors to a hospital’s overall success when measuring patient satisfaction, timely patient flow, infection prevention, environmental stewardship and providing a clean, safe health care environment.
The Environmental Services Department of the Year Award provides national recognition for the significant contributions made by an environmental services department to the overall patient experience and achieving a health care organization's mission.
Application due June 18, 2021 4:30pm CST
Winners to be announced, EVS Week, September 12-18, 2021.
- Candidates may be nominated by an AHE member or non-member or may nominate themselves
- The current AHE Recognition Committee will select award winners based on submitted nominations. The committee may request additional information if needed
- All submissions become the property of AHE
Who should apply:
- Data-driven teams and departments demonstrating consistent improvement over baseline metrics and scores
- Teams that stand above the rest, exceeding performance standards
- Departments demonstrating high levels of performance, productivity and efficiency
Consider partnering with your organization's marketing department to help create a compelling submission to recognize the EVS team!
2020 Honorable Mentions:
1-249 beds: Children’s Health Plano – Plano, TX
250-499 beds: CaroMont Regional Medical Center – Gastonia, NC