Congratulations to the 2020 Environmental Services Department of the Year Award Winners
The award recognizes and celebrates best practices in cleaning and caring for the environment. It was designed to highlight the outstanding achievements of a leading-edge environmental services team in maintaining high levels of performance in cleaning, disinfecting, infection prevention, environmental sustainability and stewardship, use of technology, patient satisfaction, education, and training in critical areas. Environmental services departments are key contributors to a hospital’s overall success when measuring patient satisfaction, timely patient flow, infection prevention, environmental stewardship and providing a clean, safe health care environment.
The Environmental Services Department of the Year Award provides national recognition for the significant contributions made by an environmental services department to the overall patient experience and achieving a health care organization's mission.
This year’s honorable mentions are:
1-249 beds: Children’s Health Plano – Plano, TX
250-499 beds: CaroMont Regional Medical Center – Gastonia, NC
- Candidates may be nominated by an AHE member or non-member or may nominate themselves.
- The current AHE Recognition Committee will select award winners based on submitted nominations. The committee may request additional information if needed.
- All submissions become the property of AHE.
Who should apply:
- EVS Departments who are constantly improving scores
- EVS Departments who stand above the rest
- EVS Departments who demonstrate high levels of performance, productivity and efficiency