To acknowledge the ongoing and outstanding sustainability efforts of healthcare facilities - and environmental service departments in particular - the AHE presents the Environmental Sustainability Certificate Program. This program not only provides guidance on efficient, effective and value-added environmentally sustainable healthcare operations, but also provides it in such a way that is achievable within all budgets. It is part of the AHE’s overall sustainability initiative, which includes ongoing development of sustainability programs, publications and educational opportunities.
Participation in this program will provide recognition for being proactive and hands-on with sustainable operations and green initiatives. AHE has designed the program with not only recognition in mind, but also guidance in what it takes to be an exceptional example of successful sustainability endeavors.
PROGRAM SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Please make sure that all submission materials adhere to the guidelines below.
- Submit all required documents, reports and/or information requested. See below for application fees.
- Facility and Applicant Information
- Certificate Application Requirements
- List of attachments (title of document(s), file name)
- Payment /Submission Information
- Waste Volume Analysis
- Submit one application for any of the three (3) certificate levels available: Silver, Gold or Platinum
- Only one (1) application per facility
- All material should be compiled and submitted electronically as one package. It is difficult to track multiple submittals that make up one application.
- Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- Application fees are based on the size of your facility.
- Pay Application Fee Online
All documentation needs to be sent with a complete application and payment to AHE before application will be reviewed.
- It is the responsibility of the facility submitting the application to review all requirements and confirm that all required material is included with the package submitted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applications will be evaluated based on the completeness and achievements of the facility based on the material submitted.
- A 1-2 hour interview will be set-up between the primary contact and a member of the rewards committee within 4 weeks from application receipt.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for a final response from AHE, allowing 6 weeks of total elapsed time from the day the application and payment is submitted.
- In the event that a level is applied for and not achieved, the committee can elect to award a certificate for a different level if criteria is met. Likewise, the committee may award a higher level than for which is applied.
- The determination of the committee will be final.
- The certificate will be valid for a twelve (12) month period based on the certificate announcement date. It may be renewed or upgraded at the end of twelve months by submitting a renewal application if the current level is maintained and documented by completing an application for a higher level if the facility meets the requirements for that level.
*Note, application fees are based on bed count and AHE membership status.
Please fillout the application above and submit it at, email@example.com. You will be contacted to process payment.
This program is sponsored by:
For questions, contact Danielle Barbetta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.422.3857