Specialty Areas and Uncommon Situations (2 hours)
- Recognize key principles of infection prevention and control.
- Recognize technician’s critical role in infection prevention and control as a part of the patient care team.
- Determine the right cleaning solutions, tools, and techniques for different patient settings and surfaces.
- Recognize how to stay safe as an environmental services technician.
- Recognize how to keep patients safe.
- Identify the basics of equipment safety.
- Recognize the particular challenges of working in healthcare.