CSCT Learning Module 4
Solving Sticky Situations (2 hours)
- Discuss: The importance of critical thinking; how to deal with time pressures.
- Video: Watch a video of a technician proactively solving problems on the job. Discuss the video as a group.
- Discuss: How to communicate effectively; how to implement a PDSA (plan, do, study, act) plan.
- Activity: Learners will work in a small group to address a situation that requires communication. They will utilize a PDSA plan to practice key concepts associated with making decisions and effective communication.
- Video: Watch a technician successfully assert him or herself in conversation with a colleague. Discuss the video.
- Activity: Learners will work with a partner or in a small group to solve a sticky situation on the job. Afterward, the class will discuss each group's approach.