Attendance and Credits
- AHE CHEST workshops as well as facility training sessions MUST BE CONDUCTED IN-PERSON. Participation in all scheduled days of the program is mandatory to take the CHEST Exam and to claim the 24 hours of continuing professional education (CPE).
- Technicians who miss two hours or more of the entire program will not be eligible to sit for the technician CHEST Exam. Technicians who fulfill the attendance requirement will be eligible to sit for the CHEST Exam at a time designated by the T-CHEST.
- Trainers who miss more than 2 hours of the Train-the-Trainer (TTT) program will not be eligible to complete the TTT course or become designated as a trainer until the missed portion is made up at a later AHE offering. This makeup session will require a nominal fee for processing and administration purposes.
- Technicians that miss more than 2 hours of a session will need to make up the time with the trainer OR wait until the trainer's next session.
- CHESPs may wish to take the TTT only for the purpose of receiving the 24 hours of CPE toward renewal of CHESP (45 hours over 3 years) OR as a full professional refresh/review of the basic practices and protocols of health care environmental services.
Cancellations and Refunds
More than 10 business days prior to the start of the CHEST Train-the-Trainer Program:
Refunds: Please send your cancellation request in writing to email@example.com. Your refund will be subject to a $200 cancellation fee.
No credits, substitutions, or transfers will be permitted under any circumstance.
10 business days or fewer prior to the start of the CHEST Train-the-Trainer Program:
Refunds: No refund or credit will be issued.
Trainer Agreement and Ethics Statement
In an effort to minimize risk, AHA and AHE are requiring all trainers to sign an agreement and ethics statement that will protect the integrity and viability of the CHEST program. Following are the primary terms of the agreement: Trainers must purchase all books through AHE and may not purchase books for resale purposes. Trainers cannot contract with organizations outside their health care facility to train others. Trainers cannot sell their training services. Trainers are required to update their CHEST certification record annually.
No Test Dates
July: 1-3, 23
August: 1-5, 10
January 2020: 1-3