AHE CMIP Training Models
The CMIP program is delivered in three distinct phases designed to cultivate a deep understanding of infection prevention practice.
• Phase 1: Online course pre-work
• Phase 2: Virtual Live session
• Phase 3: Online program work and capstone project
Use skills and training methods that represent the foundation for competent infection prevention practice specific to the clinical
environment of care.
- Apply up-to-date, evidence-based principles and practices effective in eliminating the transmission risk of pathogens.
- Meet CMS standards that require facilities to have trained persons in infection prevention related to the environment of care standard.
- Apply principles of epidemiology to the environmental assessment of risk and explore the associated practices that link infection prevention and the clinical environment of care.