Call for Award Nominations/Applications for the AHE Recognition Awards Program
AHE 2011 Award Applications/Nominations Now Open!
AHE is now accepting applications for the 2011 Member Recognition Awards. We encourage you to nominate your AHE peers, but don't hesitate to nominate yourselves as well. The AHE Recognition Awards Program is a great opportunity to demonstrate the stellar work being done in your hospitals, departments and in your communities. Please submit your nomination on or before August 26, 2011 for consideration. Please see individual award applications for details.Member Awards
- Phoenix Award - Sponsored by West Sanitation Services (AeroWest).
- J. Owen Flynn Memorial Award - Sponsored by Wexford Labs, Inc.
- James Wolfbrandt Mentor Award - Sponsored by the Greater Philadelphia AHE Chapter.
- Excellence in Safety and Quality Improvement in Environmental Services - Sponsored by Clorox Professional Products
- Environmental Stewardship Award - Sponsored by the Family of Thomas Fitzgerald, III, CHESP.
New this year, we have an exciting edition to the already significant list of awards. The AHE Rising Stars Caring for the Healthcare Environment Award was created to recognize outstanding Environmental Services staff members for significant and demonstrable actions toward:
- Developing his/her potential and aspiration to assume a leadership role as an Environmental Services Supervisor, Manager or Director.
- Leading by example and performance excellence in environmental cleaning and surface disinfection.
- Recognition of the critical role environmental services plays in providing a safe, comfortable and high quality patient or resident care environment.
- Minimizing the potential for the contamination of the patient or resident care environment or potential for the transmission of pathogenic organisms that can result in the spread of infection.
Dr. Michael Bell, M.D., deputy director of division of healthcare quality promotion at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as general session speaker for its annual conference, EXCHANGE more>