Learning Module 3: Master the Procedures
- Discuss: The differences between "clean" and "disinfected"; the different types of precautions; how to properly don and doff PPE.
- Activity: Learners will practice donning and doffing PPE.
- Discuss: Door signs; proper hand hygiene; terminology for items commonly found in the OR; zone cleaning; methods for cleaning and the three different types of cleaning tasks; stocking the cart.
- Video: The class will watch video demonstrations of cleaning procedures and the three different types of cleaning tasks.
- Activity: Learners will play a game with matching cards to learn the defintion and/or purpose of items or procedures on the job.
- Video: Watch a video of a technician performing a procedure. Discuss the video as a group.