This new and intensive 30-hour certificate program will provide Environmental Services leaders and professionals with the requisite knowledge to meet the CMS requirements for a “trained” professional in infection prevention and control specific to the clinical environment of care.
Three distinct phases comprise this comprehensive program which explores the most important topics in infection prevention:
- Microbiology and epidemiology
- Patient and healthcare worker safety
- Surveillance, risk assessment, outbreaks
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Evidence-based cleaning practices and environmental monitoring
- Preventing infection during construction and emergencies.
The Certificate of Mastery in Infection Prevention and Control for Environmental Services Professionals (CMIP) is a robust certificate program which requires online pre-work and an in person training session, along with an optional post-session capstone project/assessment.