This new and intensive 34-hour certificate program will provide Environmental Services leaders and professionals with the requisite knowledge to meet the CMS requirements for a “trained” professional in infection prevention and control specific to the clinical environment of care.
Three distinct phases comprise this comprehensive program which explores the most important topics in infection prevention:
- Microbiology and epidemiology
- Patient and health care worker safety
- Surveillance, risk assessment, outbreaks
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Evidence-based cleaning practices and environmental monitoring
- Preventing infection during construction and emergencies.
The Certificate of Mastery in Infection Prevention and Control for Environmental Services Professionals (CMIP) is a robust certificate program which requires online pre-work and an in person training session, along with an optional post-session capstone project/assessment.
CMIP has an online component plus an in-person workshop.
Online course: 3/25 - 6/2
Chicago, IL Workshop: May 14-15
Exchange 2019 Preconference:
Online course: 7/1 - 9/8
San Antonio, TX Workshop: August 20 - 21
Online course: 9/15 - 11/24
Orlando, FL Workshop: Nov 5-6