Common Area (2 hours)
- Recognize the particular challenges of working in healthcare.
- Recognize how to respond to surveyor questions.
- Offer good customer service to patients and staff.
- Determine the right cleaning solutions, tools, and techniques for different patient settings and surfaces.
- Select the right floor cleaning solution and tools based on the situation – mopping or vacuuming.
- Recognize and report when a hard surface or carpeted floor needs advanced floor care.
- Recognize how to stay safe as an environmental services technician.
- Recognize the basics of equipment safety.