Cart Setup and Handling Chemicals (1.5 hours)
- Explain how to prepare and handle chemicals needed for cleaning and disinfecting.
- List the differences between cleaning and disinfecting solutions, common examples of each, and how each is used.
- Determine the right cleaning solutions, tools, and technique for different patient settings and surfaces.
- Recognize how to stay safe as an envirnmental services technician.
- Recognize technician's critical role in infection prevention and control as a part of the patient care team.