June 8, 2018.
The award recognizes and celebrates best practices in cleaning and caring for the environment. It was designed to highlight the outstanding achievements of a leading-edge environmental services team in maintaining high levels of performance in cleaning, disinfecting, infection prevention, environmental sustainability and stewardship, use of technology, patient satisfaction, education, and training in critical areas. Environmental services departments are key contributors to a hospital’s overall success when measuring patient satisfaction, timely patient flow, infection prevention, environmental stewardship and providing a clean, safe health care environment.
The Environmental Services Department of the Year Award provides national recognition for the significant contributions made by an environmental services department to the overall patient experience and achieving a health care organization's mission.The award and any honorable mention(s) will be presented at EXCHANGE 2018 in Columbus, OH.
Who should apply:
- departments who are constantly improving scores
- departments who stand above the rest
- departments who demonstrate high levels of performance, productivity and efficiency
- Candidates may be nominated by an AHE member or non-member or may nominate themselves.
- The current AHE Recognition Committee will select award winners based on submitted nominations. The committee may request additional information if needed.
- All submissions become the property of AHE.
- Award Applications must be submitted by the deadline of June 8, 2018. No Exceptions.
- Supporting materials may NOT be submitted unless requested.
We encourage you to nominate your peers, but don't hesitate to nominate yourselves as well. This is a great opportunity for you to demonstrate to the membership the stellar work you have been doing in your hospitals and in your communities. All awards will be presented at the 2018 EXCHANGE in Columbus, OH.